The National Short Film Centre at the 20th European Film Festival
Lecce 8-13 April 2019
The National Short Film Centre is, once again this year, a partner of the Lecce European Film Festival.
The kermesse, directed by Alberto La Monica, is an open window on European production, on contemporary and historical Italian cinema and, through the “Puglia Show” section, curated by Luigi La Monica, on the rich local production of short films.
But the presence of shorts at the Festival does not stop there. “Short matters”, the shorts that were in the running for the last European Film Award, the “showcase” of the Experimental Centre of Cinematography, make the programme of shorts rich and international and a competition of shorts made by young Apulian directors.
The Centro del Corto has a dual role in the festival:
- The jury of the “Puglia Show” section will award the “Centro Nazionale del Cortometraggio” prize, which includes the inclusion of the winning short film in the Centre’s programmes;
- For the sixth time, the “Emidio Greco” award will be presented by the Centro del Corto in agreement with the Greco family, in memory of the late director, a great friend of the festival.
Ten 2018 films by Italian authors under the age of 35, chosen by the Centro del Corto, will compete for the ‘Emidio Greco’ prize, which will be screened during the festival:
- A pelo d’acqua by Rafael Farina Issas
- Quelle brutte cose by Loris Giuseppe Nese
- Labor by Cecilia Albertini
- Acquario by Lorenzo Puntoni
- La Bête by Filippo Meneghetti
- Ninfe by Isabella Torre
- Yousef by Mohamed Hossameldin
- Im Baren by Lilian Sassanelli
- Mulini a vento by Simone Spampinato
- Egg by Martina Scarpelli
20° European Film Festival