The National Short Film Centre at the 21st European Film Festival
EMIDIO GRECO AWARD – VIII EDITION
Lecce 21 October – 7 November 2020
The National Short Film Centre is, once again this year, a partner of the Lecce European Film Festival.
The kermesse, directed by Alberto La Monica, is an open window on European production, on contemporary and historical Italian cinema and, through the ‘Puglia Show’ section, curated by Luigi La Monica, on the rich local production of short films.
But the presence of shorts at the Festival does not stop there. EFA Shorts, that is, short films nominated for the Best European Short Film Award, Festival in Corto, and the “showcase” of the Experimental Centre of Cinematography, make the programme of short films rich and international.
The Centro del Corto has a dual role in the festival:
- The jury of the “Puglia Show” section will award the “Centro Nazionale del Cortometraggio” prize, which includes the inclusion of the winning short film in the Centro’s programmes;
- For the sixth time, the “Emidio Greco” award will be presented by the Centro del Corto in agreement with the Greco family, in memory of the late director, a great friend of the festival.
Ten films by Italian authors under the age of 35, chosen by the Centro del Corto, will compete for the ‘Emidio Greco’ prize, which will be screened during the festival:
- About Chameleon by Guglielmo Loliva
- La quarta parca by Angelica Gallo
- Mentre dormi by Francesca Giuffrida
- Monologue by Lorenzo Landi and M. Mellony
- La Lotta by Mirko Rigon
- Supereroi senza superpoteri by Beatrice Baldacci
- Refuge by Federico Spiazzi
- Senza tenere premuto by Paolo Strippoli
- Quando la banda passò by Maurizio Forcella
- Amateur by Simone Bozzelli
For the Emidio Greco Award there will be live streaming meetings with Giulio Mastromauro, Gianni De Blasi and Iaia Forte, Alessandro Greco and Lia Furxhi.
20° European Film Festival